Monday 9 September 2013

Mystery :I got pregnant after i ate the drug herbalist gave-Female lawyer confesses

A lawyer from Cameroon, Mrs Ngala
Norgu Julia, has been arrested by men of
the Cross River State Command of the
Nigerian Immigration Service, NIS, for
allegedly being in possession of a one-
week -old baby girl which she claimed
she was delivered of by a herbalist at
Okitiputa, Ondo State.
Mr Samuel Igochi, the Comptroller of
Immigration, Cross River State Command,
said Ngala was arrested by the Intelligence
and Investigation Team of the Service at
the Calabar port while trying to smuggle
the baby to Cameroon.
“She claimed a herbalist in Okitikpupa,
Ondo State gave her some herbs which she
took in November 2012 after which she got
pregnant and delivered the baby but there
are no signs in her that she actually
delivered that baby”, Ogochi said.
According to him, a team was constituted to
examine her but, after due examination,
there were no signs that she actually
delivered the baby.
“Since  the 1st of  September 2013 which
she gave as the date for her delivery, her
breasts were not able to produce milk as is
always the case with every birth which is
quite unusual”, the NIS boss stated.
“She then said she paid the sum of N1.5
million to the woman who delivered her of
the baby . Why such a whooping sum for
just delivery which is not by Caesarean
process?”.
He said the child would be handed over to
the National Agency Against Trafficking in
Persons, NATIP, for upkeep till the
determination of the case since the NIS is
not a baby factory. “Taking care of such a
baby is very expensive and time demanding
and since  the Nigerian Immigration Service
is not equipped to handle such
responsibility, we will hand over the child
like the one we had two weeks ago to
NAPTIP in  Uyo”
Ngala, who was accompanied by another
Cameroonian lady,  Mrs Mende Cecila Fru,
said she heard about the Okitipupa clinic
assisting women to deliver children
supernaturally and so she had to borrow
money and came to Nigeria to  consult the
woman and she was given herbal medicine
which she took and and got pregant.
“When I heard that the woman was helping
women without children to deliver babies, I
borrowed money here and there and came
to Nigeria  and she gave me herbal
medicine and when I went back I met my
partner and I became pregnant”.
According to her, out of the sum of N1.5
million she paid to the clinic  N277.000 was
for the herbs to enable her become
pregnant  while 1.2 million was for delivery
of the baby. “She told me the delivery was
supernatural, so I should not visit any
orthodox medicine when I am about to
deliver, that I should go to Okitipupa and
truly when I got there, after nine days, she
took me to a room  and delivered me of the
baby”.
She said she was asked to lie on the floor
while somebody exerted pressure on  her
stomach while she was asked to push and
the baby came out and fell on the floor . “
The woman then beat the child three times
on the back and the child began to cry and
I was asked to stand up”.
Mrs Fru, who accompanied Ngala, on her
part,  said she did not go inside the room
where the baby was delivered but sat in the
parlour and when she heard a baby cry,
“They took me inside and I saw the child
still covered with blood and I was very
happy for my friend for the successful
delivery of her baby”.
Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment