Wednesday 16 October 2013

Popular transportation Mogul G.U.O escapes Assassination

Chief Godwin Okeke
owner of GUO motors, escaped an
assassination attempt near his residence at
GRA Onitsha. The popular transporters
close brush with death comes barely one
month after popular Young Shall Grow
motors boss was nearly killed by assassins
in FESTAC.
Gunmen opened fire on the business
magnate’s Sports Utility Vehicle at the gate
of his residence, due to their suspicions
that he was in the vehicle. Luckily it was
only his driver that was in the car.
Recounting his ordeal, Okeke narrated: “I
came back yesterday about 10 minutes
earlier and I sent my driver to go and buy
something. Shortly after that, we began to
hear terrifying gunshots in front of the
gate.
“It was when the assailants trailed the car,
thinking that I was inside; they first opened
fire at the windscreen, directing it at the
front seat where they thought a security
man was sitting.
“They shattered the windscreen, shot again
at the driver and the bullets miraculously
missed his forehead and just scratched his
head and the bullets also hit his hand.”
“They also shattered the tyres of the vehicle
and riddled the whole vehicle with over 60
bullets. The operation was a very brief one
because it lasted for about five minutes.
“The assailants came purposely to eliminate
me because within the last few months, I
have been receiving threats from various
criminal gangs, ordering me to leave
Onitsha and Anambra State completely.
“But I told them that nobody can force me
out of Onitsha or Anambra State. They
probably thought I was inside the car
because when they forced the door open,
they were asking where is Oga?, before they
left.”

No comments:

Post a Comment