Thursday 12 September 2013

My Pursuit For HND Landed Me In Trouble - Robbery Suspect

Twenty seven year-old James Imoha,an
Ordinary national Diploma holder from
Auchi Polytechnic, Delta State, had nursed
the ambition of going back for his Higher
National Diploma in same school. But his
ambition was being hampered by lack of
funds. Determined to realise this dream,
he left his home town in Agenegbode,
Etsako East Local Government area of Edo
State, for Lagos five months ago, in
search  of greener pasture. But as you
read this piece, James is being detained at
the  Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS,
Ikeja, over an alleged robbery case.
James and eight suspected members of
his gang allegedly stormed May and Baker
Pharmaceutical company at Oba Akran,
Ikeja two weeks ago and were at the verge
of loading a truck with cartoons of drugs
when operatives of SARS swooped on
them.
However, in this interview with Crime
Guard, James burst into tears, insisting he
was deceived by members of the gang
into joining them. He further disclosed
that his desire to further his education
and also feed for that week made him
join them that night.
Hear him: “ I swear, I never knew they
were going to rob that night.  I was made
to understand that they were being hired
to load a truck at the end of which they
would be paid. I was already sleeping
that night in a friend’s house when
Innocent (one of the suspects) visited
him. He informed me there was a job and
when I asked what kind of job , he said it
was to load some cartoons into a truck.
I became interested because it would be
an instant payment. I asked how much
would be paid at the end and he said
N1000 or N2000 depending on the
quantity one was able to load. I
complained that it was late (10pm), but
Innocent said this is Lagos where business
was done anytime. Reluctantly, I got up
and decided to follow him, with the hope
to earn some amount for that  week.
Quickly, I calculated that it would buy me
three square meals for one week because
I spend N100 per meal or less, particular
when I have to drink ‘’garri’’ with
groundnut or coconut.
Too late to turn back
“When I got to the place with Innocent
and Okogie, I noticed from the way they
were acting that the business was not
genuine afterall. But I could not back out
because I could not locate my way back
home. But innocent assured me all was
well and I went about  loading the truck
with the cartoons of drugs. I also noticed
from the way they were whispering to
each other that they could be stealing
the  drugs and I opted to retreat at that
point. But as I attempted to leave the
company’s gate, there was sporadic
shootings and I concluded that was the
end of my sojourn on earth. I just laid flat
on my tummy with my hands raised up,
without looking up. The next thing I knew
was that I was arrested and brought
here.”
Are you sure I will leave this place alive? “,
he asked this writer in tears.
Continuing,he said,  “my desire to further
my studies brought me to Lagos. My
intention was to lay my hands on any
genuine business and save for my HND.
Had I known things would turn out this
way, I would have remained in the village
until when God will answer my prayer. As
I speak, my relatives are not aware I
have been arrested. The news will kill my
ailing mother. Sister, please just pray for
me”, he said , burying his face in both
palms.
Robbers strategy
May and Baker pharmaceutical is located
in a complex which also housed five
other companies,with each having its own
private guards. In order to have free
access in and out of the complex, the
robbery suspects were said to have
injected sleeping tablets into some packs
of fruit juice which they gave to some of
the guards who allegedly connived with
them.   One of the guards, as gathered,
resumed on the D-day with the injected
fruit juice, informing his colleagues that
he was celebrating his birthday. Delighted
at the news, other  unsuspecting guards
joyfully reached out for the drugged juice.
While some reportedly drank, others, as
gathered, kept theirs with the hope of
taking it the next morning before going
home.
Source: Vanguard
log unto www.informationlocker.blogspot.com for more

No comments:

Post a Comment