Thursday 28 November 2013

How we executed deadly black sunday attack -robbers


More details have been given in the case of
notorious armed robber, Abiodun Ogunjobi,
aka Godogodo and his gang.
The infamous gang is being held in
connection with the September 9, 2012
robbery which is now popularly called the
“Black Sunday robbery”
The robbery, said to have been led by
Godogodo, resulted in the deaths of many
and injuries to a number of others.
The armed robbery kingpin has given
intricate details of how the robbery was
planned and executed.
Vanguard reports:
Meanwhile, Godogodo, who was arrested by
operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad,
SARS, led by SP Abba Kyari, on August 1,
2013, has revealed how he coordinated the
bloody operation.
According to Godogodo, “ On that fateful day,
I called one of my boys, Sayeed Omolopa, to
meet me at AlfaBeach in Ajah, and some
other boys led by Kasali and Ejike. “They
were about seven and my boys were five.
Yemi Boss, who came with Ejike, said we
should go to Agege and rob some bureau de
change operators.
The agreement was that everyone will get
what he lays his hands on. “We used two
vehicles and over nine AK-47 rifles. When we
got to Agege, some bureau de change
operators that saw us ran to us thinking we
wanted to change money and we opened fire
on them and ran into their shops to pack all
the money we found. “In fact, we robbed
from shop to shop and we also shot
sporadically to scare people.
We shot at people who tried to block the
road and prevent us from moving. I can’t
count the number of people killed in that
operation. “Wherever people tried to block
the road, we opened fire on them. The boys
that went with me for that job were
notorious, they were difficult to control but
they all feared me.
We made a lot of money from the operation
“While we were trying to escape, we met a
team of policemen attached to the Rapid
Response Squad, RRS, and we thought they
were after us. On approaching them, we
opened fire on the van and killed all the
police in it and collected their rifles and
escaped through Lagos-Abeokuta road.
“Money was not shared after the operation
because everyone took whatever he was able
to grab. When I got home I realised that I
made over N500,000, but some days later, I
was informed that one of my boys, Tosin,
made over N6 million from the operation.
“Everybody made a lot of money from the
operation. I didn’t bother to read the
newspapers the next day to know the extent
of damage but I knew many people lost their
lives in that operation. You know, as
robbers, we do not go for operations to kill
but we kill when we don’t have an option.”

No comments:

Post a Comment