Thursday 10 October 2013

Tenant abducts landlord's daughter for 3yrs,impregnants her

The Lagos State Police Command has
apprehended a 37-year-old man, Ajibola
Idowu, for allegedly kidnapping the
daughter of his landlord for three years.
The suspect was also said to have
forcefully impregnated the victim,
Modupe Brown, during captivity.
The police told PUNCH Metro that after
Brown had given birth to the child,
Ajibola refused to allow the child access
to immunisation.
As a result, the child was said to have
contracted polio disease and subsequently
became crippled.
Lagos Deputy Police Public Relations
Officer, Damasus Ozoani, told PUNCH
Metro that Ajibola, was arrested along
with his mother, Ebun, who allegedly
conspired with him to commit the act.
He said, “Brown, a 400 level student of
Business Administration at the Lagos
State University, was kidnapped by
Ajibola who kept her in captivity with his
family for “three years between 2010 and
2013.
“On September 19, 2013, policemen from
Area E Command, went to the Sagamu
area of Ogun State to rescue the victim
and also arrested the mother of the
abductor, who watched over the victim.
Ajibola was later arrested in the Idumota
area of Lagos Island.
“During the three years, Ajibola kept
Brown in three locations -Oshogbo, Osun
State, where she spent six months; Bariga,
Lagos, where she spent six months; and
Sagamu, Ogun State, where she spent
about two years.
“Ajibola forcefully impregnated Brown
while in captivity. She delivered a baby
girl, who later became deformed as a
result of Ajibola’s refusal to have the baby
immunised against the Polio virus.”
While speaking with our correspondent,
Brown described her ordeal in the hands
of her abductor as a journey through the
valley of the shadow of death. She said she
was abducted at her father’s house in the
Ebute Meta area of Lagos State.
She said, “I can’t even remember how he
kidnapped me. All I know is that he held
me captive for three years. It’s as if I was
under a spell. Even when I was going to
give birth, he did not allow me to go to a
hospital. The baby was delivered at home
and he was the one giving me medication.
“Even one day, when state officials came
to the area to immunise children, he said
he would not allow the child to be
immunised, saying the drugs had been
poisoned. Once, when I tried to leave, he
threatened to kill me.”
PUNCH Metro learnt that during her time
in captivity, the victim’s parents, who are
retired civil servants, searched hospitals,
mortuaries, police stations and churches
for her all to no avail.
The victim’s father, Idowu Brown, said he
had no clue that Ajibola was the abductor.
He said, “I never knew it was Ajibola that
kidnapped my daughter. He was my
tenant for six years and greeted me every
day. We even used to share jokes. He was
aware that I had been looking “for my
daughter for three years but he never said
anything.
“When we could not find her, I reported
the matter at FESTAC Police Division. It
was in September this year that we heard
from our daughter for the first time. She
told us that she was in Sagamu and my
wife went there.
“There we met Ajibola’s mother. That was
how we found out that he (tenant) was
the
one behind the whole thing.”
The suspects however denied abducting
the landlord’s daughter. Ajibola’s mother
claimed her son and Brown were lovers,
who decided to elope, maintaining that
the case was not an abduction.
She said, “They were lovers. I never got
involved in their matter until the child
was born. I went to stay with them for
about seven months to take care of the
child, who was very ill. A few months after
I left, they moved in with me at my three-
bedroom house at Sagamu because they
had been evicted.
“Ajibola was not staying with us because
his business was in Lagos but I was with
Brown “most of the time. Many times, I
would ask her about her parents and
when
I could meet them but she kept on giving
silly excuses until the day her mother
came to my house with policemen.”
Ajibola, who is into satellite dish
installation, said the plan to elope was
hatched by Brown who paid N200, 000
into his bank account. The money was said
to have been meant for her school project.
He said he could not understand why she
would make such allegations against him.
“I did not kidnap her; we were lovers and
decided to elope. Even when she was at
my house, she used to make calls to her
relatives telling them that she was
alright,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment