Friday 20 September 2013

I Would Run 200m Only At Glasgow Commonwealth Games -Usain Bolt

”If I decide to compete at next year’s
Commonwealth Games, I would probably only run
the 200,” Usain Bolt has revealed.
The six-time Olympic champion hopes to participate
in Glasgow, but will discuss it with his coach Glen
Mills.
The Jamaican who has never won a Commonwealth
medal in an interview with the BBC said: “we are
going to discuss it, we are not fully sure if I will go
but throughout the season we will decide if that will
be a good thing to do”.
Bolt came to prominence with victory in the 100m,
200m and 4x100m relay at the 2008 Beijing
Olympics, repeating same in London four years
later.
He now aims to complete the ‘treble treble’ by
winning all three disciplines at the 2016 Games in Rio
to cement his legend status.
“That would be outstanding for me,” said Bolt. “I’ve
done so much so far and to go and to defend my
titles once more would just set me apart from a lot of
athletes.
“I want my name in stone with many other
athletes – [boxer] Mohammed Ali, [runner]
Michael Johnson, [basketball player] Michael
Jordan – all these greats in their different sports.
Bolt says he would need to train if he were to face
Britain’s Mo Farah in a 600m challenge race.

No comments:

Post a Comment