Wednesday 11 December 2013

Kim Kardashian Addresses Critics Of 10 Percent eBay Charity Donation



Kim Kardashian had some pointed words
for those who criticized the 10 percent
donation she gave to the victims of the
Philippines typhoon.
The reality starlet took to her Celebuzz
website Tuesday (Dec. 10) and penned a
blog post titled "Giving Comes From the
Heart." The post addressed a November
clothing auction she held on eBay with
10 percent of proceeds going to the
International Medical Corps (IMC), a
nonprofit aiding those affected by the
deadly Typhoon Yolanda that hit the
eastern coast of the Philippines on Nov.
8, killing thousands.
Some took issue with how much
Kardashian was donating. But, on
Tuesday, Kardashian reasoned that this
was only one of many charitable
outreaches she has made over the years.
Via Celebuzz:
The problem comes in when I get
attacked for giving and trying to
help people. My dad always
taught me the importance of
giving back. I don’t publicize
everything I do to help charities
and people all over the world. I
do it because I want to. I do it
because my dad taught me to. I
do it because it’s the right thing
to do. So for people to attack me
for giving 10% of my eBay
auction sales to the people of the
Philippines, that hurts. I do eBay
auctions monthly and change the
charity or church from time to
time. I give 10% of all my
earnings to charities, not just
these eBay auctions. This month
it’s for the people of the
Philippines, last month was Life
Change Community Church.
Kardashian added that backend costs add
up to about 50 percent of the total
transaction, and then she donates 10
percent on top of all that. This is
something she has been doing with eBay
for the past five years.
"I will continue to do what is in my
heart and am happy to know many
others have enjoyed purchasing from me,
as they too are giving with me," she
concluded. "Giving comes from the heart.
We all need to be reminded of this as we
celebrate the holiday season this year."
E! News reported Kardashian actually
donates 10 percent of everything she
earns including the money made off
her television shows, clothing lines,
endorsements and promotional deals
to
charity. She has been doing this since
before she was a household name.

No comments:

Post a Comment