Friday 2 September 2016

Decisiveness : Me, My Festina Wrist Watch and My Story

       
                         

          I have been a fan of luxurious wrist watch since I became a teenager I began to fancy That beautiful strap round the wrist which comes in chain, leather and rubber, soon it began to overwhelm me ,dammnnn  I was so
obsessed with timepiece .coming close to you the first thing I will cognitively take attention to is your wrist, I have used varieties of watch but then there is this design that caught my attention, this design comes in hublot, festina and police etc which is slightly different from each other , I began to make plans to acquire This magnificent time piece, i search the internet, I saw different designs on-sale, alright let me tell you little about myself.
        Am a youth corper serving in Ankpa local government,  kogi state ,Nigeria  so you can see am on a limited source of income but this obsession was very strong that it overclouded my judgement, limited fund never stopped my hunger for this piece however it's between the price range of N7-N15 thousand Naira I guess . I decided I would go to polo park, Enugu state to get it. From Ankpa to  polo park is approximately between 137-140km nevertheless it's a trip I must make. I set out for my journey with the sole intention of a wrist watch, on reaching there the first shop I checked on was "the timekeeper", it's a luxurious shop for wrist watches and sunglasses etc I looked at their watch galleries ,oh my God!  I saw different amazing collection of watches Ranging from CalvinKlein ,alpina,bulgari,bulberry,cartier,hublot and police etc but then I was so disappointed the price tag was ranging from N30,000 -N250,000 whhhaaattt! Me...Nigerian corper buying a watch worth that amount,hell no. In this our Current economic situation, I dey craze?,i zoomed out of the shop. I checked other places I was dissapointed given the fact that I spent N3,000 to and fro coming from a distant place also damnnn,this is not what I expected, I began to patrol around the mall, then I saw this shop 'watch-Galleries' .i checked in I looked around I saw varieties of wrist watches, after much deliberation I picked two watches Kelvin Cole and festina, the lady at the shop told me they offer 10% discount for Kelvin Cole and 25% for festina. The price tag for Kelvin Cole was N36,300 and that of festina was N52,600 so the actual price for the former will be Around N30,000 and the later N39,450 then a voice within started to persuade me into buying one of them,' boy this is for you, made specially for you, grab this moment you have waited so long for this!' I began thinking does it really matter? The price doesn't matter in as much as I got what am looking for,right? Another thought of mine was shouting, Guyyyy as you crazy?! N30,000 for a wrist watch? Abi You wan time travel or you wan check the future?  I was so confused then I decided to ignore the opposing thought, I had to transfer money to my account and then I did the unimaginable I gave her(the lady) my ATM ,the opposing thought was not happy with me at all but I had to, I choose festina f16835/1 although we later agreed on the sum of N35,000. I can hear the proposing thought smiling and shouting "yay! We made it" immediately I received a message reminding me I have been debited, my heart melted I wanted to check on it but Mr proposer was shouting "broda don't do it, don't do it, broda do not read the message here, you will not like it,i repeat you will not like the balance ".i adhered to the thought, took the watch thanked the woman and left. On my way I kept on staring at the watch ,my N35,000 WTF! .
    Anyway what I wanted you reader to understand is we are responsible for choices we make,life is full of decisions, the decision to grow or not, the decision to acquire what you 'need' and 'want'. Sometimes it's the most difficult decision to make but one thing you must know is  never allow your emotions to overshadow your reasoning. As for my case I will let you be the judge, do you think I erred in my judgement or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment